In 8ECC will be presented Plenary Lectures, Invited Lectures, ERC communications, Oral Communications and Poster Communications. Please find below important information and carefully read the one that applies to your presentation mode.
Plenary Speakers will have 40 min for a complete presentation comprising any discussion time (questions and answers, Q&A) if desired.
Keynote Speakers will have 30 min for presentation, including 5 min for Q&A.
Oral communications will be 15 min, meaning 12 min of presentation and 3 min of Q&A.
ERC communications will be 10 min for presentation.
Posters should be a maximum size of 0.9 m x 1.2 m (width x height). The participants are asked to hang their posters from the registration opening on the 28th of August (or at least in the morning of 29th of August) and leave them in the exhibition through the congress days till the 1st of September. During the poster session, each author must stand near the poster so other interested participants, including prize assessors, may find the author and discuss the topics of interest.
All spoken presentations must be uploaded, tested, and submitted to Master View Room. Opening and closing hours of the Master View Room – 08:00-18:00. Here, the speakers must deliver the presentation file at least 3 h before the afternoon session or the day before the morning sessions (no later than 18h00). The conference rooms will be equipped with MS PowerPoint 2016 laptops. Using your own laptop is not allowed. Apple platform is not supported; ensure your files are PC compatible. Before the start of your session, visit the conference room to check your presentation, familiarise yourself with the audiovisual equipment and meet the chairperson. You will easily find your presentation at the pulpit according to the scheduled session, date, hour and speaker. Using the laptop podium, you will be able to control your presentation. There are no individual microphones.
MS PowerPoint Presentations Specifications:
1. Videos and pictures must be in the same folder as the MS PowerPoint presentation. Moreover, they must be copied into the folder before being inserted into the presentation. Videos included in the presentation shall have the following extensions: .avi, .mpeg, .mov, .wmv.
2. JPG, GIF, and BMP compressed images are the preferred file format for inserted images (other types of extensions will also be accepted, provided that they are recognized by MS PowerPoint 2016).
3. Use Microsoft Windows 10 default system font. Otherwise, please provide a font package for later installation.
4. Please use Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 (*.ppt) to guarantee your presentation will open successfully on an on-site PC. Save your presentation with the extension “.ppt, .pptx”.
5. For MAC-Users: Export your Keynote presentation to PowerPoint for Mac or export your keynote presentation to a movie (iMovie, QuickTime video with “Playback Uses” settings) or export it to PDF. Be aware of the need to edit/reformat the presentation - fonts, images and charts – especially when exporting to PowerPoint for Mac. For embedded movies, please use the possibility of “Quicktime” to save the movie in “*.mpeg 1(2)” or “*.avi” format. Please try out the proper functionality of your presentation as soon as possible in the Master View Room.
6. Presentations must be designed in 16:9 format
7. Presentations using Prezi must be delivered at least 3 h before the session and should be delivered in a portable format. For more details, please follow the link https://support.prezi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003478454-Presenting-and-viewing-a-downloaded-presentation-portable-presentation.
8. Specify file name as "first-name_last-name_conference-name", e.g., “Joaquim_Faria_8ECC.ppt”;
9. HDD and USB-Memory (Stick) are supported data media for downloading presentations.